Moving video clips from iPhone 4 to iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Natesac, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Other than hooking up to a PC/Mac or the camera connection kit. Is there an app that will transfer movies from iPhone 4 to iPad 2 for use with iPad iMovie?

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Dropbox?

3. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

That's an option. I was thinking more along the lines of over wifi, or even better over Bluetooth.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

5. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I don't think you can bump for video. Swing and a miss.

And dropbox does compression so that's a no go.

There must me some way to do this without having to carry around a sync cable and a camera connection kit.

6. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

When I was picking up iPad 2's Apple store rep said only through Mac / Computer at this time.

7. luten macrumors newbie

The app 'Photo Transfer' in the app store allows you to move photos/video between ios devices over bluetooth...

8. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

After looking at the app description it looks like it's perfect except for the limitations on size and length of videos.

9. mrk86m macrumors newbie

I'm looking for exactly the same thing. I hope bby the time IOS5 rolls around there'll be a simple way to do this .. or a way to connect iPad2 to iPhone 5 to transfer files.

10. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Seems like a good candidate for an iOS 5 feature. There has to be a better way.

11. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Any progress on this? Anyone find a suitable method?

12. techpr macrumors 6502

techpr

PhotoSync is the best app to transfer Photos and Videos via WiFi or Bluetooth. Fast and easy to use.

13. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

Palm has something where you can make your Pre3 touch your TouchPad and it transfers data (files/websites/info etc) similar to bump. This has to be an iOS5 feature because with iOS/OSX users living deep within the Apple Ecosystem then it doesnt make sense to require cables for anything.

14. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I saw that demoed on the engadget show. Really cool. I hope one of the killer features of iOS 5 is more interoperability between iPad and iPhone. There is a lot of cool stuff that could be done.

15. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Excellent suggestion. This IS the app I have been looking for. I can shoot HD video with the iPhone 4, move it to the iPad 2 (over wifi network or direct over Bluetooth), edit with iMovie on iPad 2, then move it back to iPhone 4 if I would like. NO COMPRESSION OR LOSS OF VIDEO QUALITY.

Also like how the Photosync app will transfer in the background.

I do recommend doing a reboot of both devices if you plan to transfer over Bluetooth.

16. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

Mover+ is an application that will allow you to transfer stuff between your iPhone and iPad. I used it to transfer my contacts. Just flick them off the iPhone screen to the iPad. Pretty slick to use just connect your iPhone and iPad to your wifi and each will show up on each device. I'm sure there are others. I also have Photosync.

17. ascNYC macrumors member

Photo-Sync

+ 1 on PhotoSync. I was looking to accomplish the very same thing (not sure why Apple doesn't support this natively?). PhotoSync works perfectly for both photos and video. Also love that you only have to buy it once for all devices. I've tested both wifi and Bluetooth. Works great!!!