Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barijazz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
I have linux and windows installed as Virtual Machines in VMware Fusion, I tried to put some games on my VMs and they are slow and sluggish (as expected). So I guess my only option is to move them over to boot camp so they can have more system resources. Anyone know how to move a VM from VMware into Boot Camp?

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
I have linux and windows installed as Virtual Machines in VMware Fusion, I tried to put some games on my VMs and they are slow and sluggish (as expected). So I guess my only option is to move them over to boot camp so they can have more system resources. Anyone know how to move a VM from VMware into Boot Camp?

What you want to do is a V2P (virtual machine to physical machine) and it won't be pretty. There are a few tools that do this, but they probably won't work with a machine using EFI instead of BIOS. You would probably be better off doing a new OS and application install on Boot Camp and then importing your data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.