Moving websites between Macbook and Nexus 7

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Roaf, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Roaf, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014

Roaf macrumors newbie

I don't know if I'm just lacking the proper terminology to google this but I can't find a way to easily move browser tabs between my macbook and my Nexus 7.

To be more specific, I'm talking about having the ability to be reading an article on your macbook, press a button, and have it pull up on your tablet. Right now the only way I know how to do this is if I copy/paste the link into an e-mail to myself.

There is an add-on called Chrome-to-Mobile that does this but it stopped working for me a few months ago. Plus I refuse to use the Chrome browser on any of my devices :)

Thoughts?

p.s. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section.

2. ackushiw macrumors newbie

using chrome browser?

If you're using chrome on both your Mac and Nexus 7, chrome syncs all tabs automatically. You shouldn't need an extra app. Just make sure that you're signed in with the same google/gmail account.

On the Nexus 7 to see Mac tabs
    while browsing with chrome tap the menu button in the top right and select "recent tabs" from the menu (see picture attached). It will list all recent tabs across all devices.
    Or
    In a new tab select the history/clock button in the bottom right.

On the Mac to see Nexus 7 tabs
    In the menu of chrome (top right corner) select the "recent tabs" button and you will be presented a list of open/recent tabs from any device.

Also an extra tip. you can install google keep from the chrome web store if you want to sync notes and copied text.

And the app "pocket" is useful for offline browsing. They have an extension for chrome on the Mac and apps for android and iOS

Hope this helps,
    -A

Attached Files: