Moving windows itunes music folder on NAS to OSX

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zzSimzz, Sep 12, 2010.

1. zzSimzz macrumors newbie

Good evening.

I took delivery of my new 27" imac on Saturday, previously I have always been a windows user. I love the feel of OSX however I am really struggling with getting my itunes to work.

My setup is:

QNAP TS-210 NAS
    Router (Ethernet connection)
    27" imac

The NAS is split into different shares that I had mapped on my windows PC

e.g R:Qmultimedia/Music (was on a windows 7 pc)

All my music files are located on this share: Qmultimedia/Music

I have mounted Qmultimedia as a Samba share using a automountmaker script. This connects at startup and the hard drive icon is on my desktop logged in as admin.

I opened a brand new install of itunes today and did the following:
    Went into preferences and changed my library location to volumes/Qmultimedia/Music, then I selected add to library and picked my music folder from the mapped drive.

It started at about 8am this morning and now all the files are showing in itunes but the files are mp3 files are no longer on my NAS (looking in finder), itunes is still determining gapless playback information at an extremely slow rate and I cannot click get info or stop it checking for gapless info.

I made a backup of my NAS thank goodness!

I have checked in my documents where the mp3 files might be but cannot find them.

I need help with this. Please tell me the correct way for me to add my music to itunes and keep it located on the NAS.

Also if you have any idea where itunes has moved my music would be very helpful.

Thanks, shame my first post had to be a bad one :(

2. zzSimzz thread starter macrumors newbie

I have just found what I have done wrong...

I have pointed my music library to /Volume/Qmultimedia/Music

As I added /Music to the library it had copied the files to Qmultimedia/Music/Music.

Is there an easy way to change the location to one level up Qmultimedia/Music?