Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clevin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
you saw the raw data? how did you determine the numbers are random? and where is that multiply by NINE comes from?
Ah I see, I misread the post a little.

270m is about in line with other browser market share count, consider the global computer user base of about 1b, and the market of firefox being 25%.
I have never seen a single estimation of FireFox's marketshare that had it anywhere close to 25%.

clevin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
I'm glad to see FireFox gaining ground and I'm really confused how Netscape is gaining marketshare.
Thats why market estimating is never accurate. especially it actually listed two digits after decimal points, consider its methodology and its coverage around the world, the numbers are redundant and at least has +/- 2% uncertainty.

Its better to take all numbers into account, that means I would suggest people also look at onestat and all other counters (ADTECH, XiTi, etc).

Ppl here pick up netapplication more frequently because it shows highest number for safari.

cjm3113

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2008
There are too many things that are not compatible with Opera right now for a lot of people to stick with it.

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe
I'm glad to see FireFox gaining ground and I'm really confused how Netscape is gaining marketshare.

Though I am extremely disappointed in Opera's marketshare. Opera is definitely in the top three best browsers.

Agreed. Too bad that piece of spyware with browser functions (Chrome) is getting all the hype that Opera would deserve to be getting, but isn't.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Agreed. Too bad that piece of spyware with browser functions (Chrome) is getting all the hype that Opera would deserve to be getting, but isn't.
I totally agree, I really wish that Chrome was more functional (it had potential) but people really just like it because it's google. Opera on the other hand has feature after feature and is the most cutting edge of all the browsers. The only gripe with Opera I have is the look. They need one killer theme to make it gain a little more share.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.