Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsprimal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
i deleted mozilla firefox about a month ago, and i just decided to surf through my macintosh hd and delete anything that is unnecessary. i saw 2 folders listed as "mozilla" is that things left over from firefox? or is there actually a folder meant to be on your macintosh hd called "mozilla"? stupid question i know. i just dont wanna delete necessary files and end up losing valuable data.

thanks.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
No such thing as a stupid question. I give stupid answers from time to time, but I hope not this time! ;)

Most likely anything that says Mozilla was associated with the deleted Firefox application, and can be safely Trashed. I've never heard of anyone co-opting that name. It probably wouldn't be legal.

If you're uncomfortable, take note of where it is (unless you have Snow Leopard, then that step is unnecessary) and move it to your Desktop. If you have problems, it can be moved back. I doubt that will happen. After a few days, if all is well, Trash it. This is an overly cautious approach, but if it fits you, take it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.