Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nouveau_redneck

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2017
I really hate the modern software world, there is just no stability. You update an app today, tomorrow its another update. You just keep updating forever. I understand this is a security risk but I am tired of downloading the same app 3-4 times a week for "bug fixes and general improvements".

Back in the day, an update meant an upgrade and it happened at most once a year.

For real? You are complaining that security updates get pushed as soon as possible?

Reactions: Morgenland

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
I really hate the modern software world, there is just no stability. You update an app today, tomorrow its another update. You just keep updating forever. I understand this is a security risk but I am tired of downloading the same app 3-4 times a week for "bug fixes and general improvements".

Back in the day, an update meant an upgrade and it happened at most once a year.
Doesn't mean a bug/security issue didn't exist. Back in the day, always on internet don't exist, and thus even the OS themselves are not "secure" by today's standard, yet they're fine because they were not connected to the internet 24/7.
I'd rather have a software team that can update a software frequently to fix security bugs.

SoundJudgment

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2017

Welcome to the 21st Century. Step this way to debriefing.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
For real? You are complaining that security updates get pushed as soon as possible?

Doesn't mean a bug/security issue didn't exist. Back in the day, always on internet don't exist, and thus even the OS themselves are not "secure" by today's standard, yet they're fine because they were not connected to the internet 24/7.
I'd rather have a software team that can update a software frequently to fix security bugs.

I am not complaining they fix security issues, I complain of the current standard system of software updates. Its really frustrating when you wake up every day for 3-4 new app updates and mostly are "general bug fixes and improvements". Every bug they fix there is a new one, so they might as well just stick to bi-weekly updates or monthly ones. If its critical security... sure but that isn't the case. A lot of them are just "polish" updates that you notice nothing of.

Not to mention with each update you might lose a feature, or a feature might get broken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.