Mozilla to stop supporting Leopard

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by charlieroberts, Dec 1, 2011.

1. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

2. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

And yet these morons continue to develop for Windows XP which probably came out when these people were in high school. Don't get me wrong, I like forward progress and all, but there are stillmore Mac OS users on Leopard than Lion.

3. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

4. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

5. rabbitjetta macrumors member

So they continue to support windows xp even though apple in the same time frame has released panther,tiger,leopard,snow leopard, and lion. Why are they stopping support on leopard when vista is the same age and leopard probably has more users then Vista does. I guess that i will use Safari and Camino. I have to use Firefox 3.6 on my iBook g4 because it is the only browser that for some reason will run without crashing.

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

It is best that you can buy a new MacBook Pro…or you want to continue whining it is up to you :)

7. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

People that are questioning why they're still supporting Windows XP have to remember that it has been the dominant OS of the last decade. The fact that Microsoft only relatively recently removed it from sale says it all. Meanwhile, Apple has released their last two operating systems for so much cheaper than any other OS on the market - I guess Mozilla is of the understanding that the vast majority of users are on Lion, or at the very least Snow Leopard, due to this.

9. Hastings101, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011

Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

There are more Windows XP users than all Mac OS X users, of any version, combined. They still have to support it or they'd lose a lot of users.