MP play CSGO?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SparkFlash, Feb 21, 2017.

1. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

I know the MP is not a gaming laptop by any means. But can it play low end games like CS GO? I tried with my Air recently and it was choppy.

2. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

... You're talking about the "new" Mac Pro from 2013, right? Pretty much anything can play CS:GO. An Air is probably the only thing that would struggle with it. Older Minis too maybe. But a desktop computer like the Mac Pro? Of course it can. Depending on the GPU you choose for it, you can also play very high end games (albeit with Windows for dual GPU support in games). With dual D700s Battlefield 4 can almost run fluidly in 4k Ultra, and if you go down from Ultra it'll run perfectly fine in 4k. High will probably do it. The difference between a Fire Pro and a Radeon in gaming performance, running the drivers meant for each card, is probably around 15% for the same GPU.

3. Koudspeel macrumors regular

Koudspeel

Mac Pro should run CS:GO flawlessly. Crank that stuff up to Ultra and attach your 4k monitor, no problem! ;)

4. SparkFlash thread starter macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

Yikes I spelled it wrong. I meant MBR, not MP. Basically can the MacBook Retina play CSGO?

(Kind of moot now as I purchased the base MacBook Pro yesterday but still curious)

5. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Yeah, it can too. As I said in my post, only the Air and perhaps older Minis wouldn't be able to. When you say base, I assume you mean 13", which means the lowest end GPU possible. Will still run it though I don't know if you can go max-settings