MP: wireless connection drops (possible driver issue?)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Lynia, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Lynia macrumors newbie

[​IMG] (I managed to stick the same image up there twice... the second one should be RANGE set to 54)

I'm on a first generation quad core Mac Pro attempting to wrestle with windows XP professional. I've spent the past couple days trying to fix it myself with no success and can't seem to find a good answer for my problem online. I see plenty of people with the issue, but no clear cut answers.

I installed XP with sp2, and the snow leopard drivers(from the disk) and everything is working quite well except for the wireless.

When I first installed my connection was at a stable 2mbps. I found a guide online showing me how to change the driver settings to the ones shown in the picture. And it definitely made my connection faster, but now it drops intermittently (every 30-45 seconds).

Hopefully I didn't forget anything. I'm happy to post any other information that might help us find a solution!

Thanks for taking the time to look at this! Here's hoping it's a relatively straightforward fix. (But this is windows we're talking about... So it may involve sacrificing a chicken or wearing your underpants outside your clothes for 12 hours...)

2. Lynia thread starter macrumors newbie

is it possible that I need earlier broadcom drivers? Is there a bootcamp 3 driver conflict with first gen Mac Pros?