mp3 cd's -- custom folders?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by coday183, Jan 3, 2009.

1. coday183 macrumors newbie

I'm a dj, and I use cd decks that can utilize mp3 folders and their folders. I organize my music by bpm, and then by the date I burned it. Currently I have itunes set up with smart playlists all in a folder so that I can choose a bunch of songs I want to use, drop them in a play list, and then a group of other smart playlists (configured to be a certain bpm range for each playlist) can use those songs.

So far I've been burning each different bpm playlist to a new cd, but I was wondering if there was a way I could burn an mp3 cd where the folders were set to bpm ranges rather than artists or albums. The latter two are actually redundant for my purposes since I never have more than one or two sons by the same artist in a playlist, and never have two songs off the same album.

I have toast right now, but can't figure it out. I would be willing to try other software and tools, as well as a new way of organizing them.

So for example I would like to choose the songs I'd like for a new playlist. Burn them to an mp3 cd, and have the cd organized into folders like so...

[bpm 101-105]
    Track A
    Track B
    Track C
    [bpm 106-110]
    Track A
    Track B
    Track C

Instead of "track A, B, C" I would have just the original filename which already contained the song and artist nanem.

2. coday183 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hah... figured it out. Shouldn't of underestimated the best burning software ever. In case anyone ever wants to burn an mp3 cd with folders based on playlists, just use toast. In the mp3 cd section of toast, just drag a playlist from itunes and drop it in. It will show up as a new folder in your cd. Too easy. And to think I spent an hour researching this with no anwers.