MP3 Merging app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JamietheMac, Sep 16, 2013.

1. JamietheMac macrumors member

JamietheMac

Hi I want to merge some mp3's i have is there any free or cheap software out there that anyone could recomend,

id even give terminal a whirl if i knew the commands :p

anyway any help appreciated.

2. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Well if you wanted to do it through terminal, it would simply be the following command in the directory with your mp3s which you want to combine...

Code:
    cat first.mp3 second.mp3 third.mp3 > combined.mp3
    Now I will say that merging mp3s will most likely mess up any ID3 meta data that the mp3s have, so if you care about the meta data, you'll probably have to throw the newly created mp3 into itunes or something and edit artist, title, album, etc from there yourself.

A second option would be to use Audacity which is a free open source sound editor.

The last thing I came across JoinTogether which basically merges or breaks up mp3s and allows you to modify meta data for the newly combined mp3 all in one interface. I've never used this app, or know how well it works, but figured I'd toss it in, in case you wanted to try it out. It seems that some of its features are free, and some you need the paid version for, so not sure if the free version will work for you needs or not.

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine