MP3 stream blocked behind firewall

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zombieorigin, Jan 8, 2008.

1. zombieorigin macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I need to be able to listen to the following MP3 stream: http://urfonline.com:8000/stream96k.mp3

Unfortunately, my home (shared accommodation) wireless internet access is set up behind a firewall which is blocking access to the port, and thus not allowing me to hear it.

I've tried contacting the guy who set up the router, in order to open the port, but he's failed to get back to me so I'm trying to do it alone.

I've attempted to listen to the mp3 stream through the browser itself on one of these online anonymous proxy services (ie bypassthat.com) but it plays maybe a second's worth and then the quicktime progress bar will have reached it's end.

Additionally, I've tried Proxifier but I don't know enough to configure it properly.

It's really important to me that I sort this out so any help would be gratefully appreciated!

2. m1ss1ontomars macrumors 6502

Perhaps you should get an AM radio. The stream doesn't work for me; it just plays 1 second of silence.