MP3 Tagging Needs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by covertsurfer, Nov 20, 2009.

1. covertsurfer macrumors 6502a

Ok, I have searched endlessly for a decent tagging tool but not found one thats spot on. Here are my needs:

Search Amazon or equivalent for Album or Artist and tie up files with the tracks and insert the tag information.

Use Multi-Tag editing on selected files

Rename files based on tags

Pretty simple I think but cannot find a nice decent app to do these. Any suggestions?

2. jon08 macrumors 65816

3. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

stop using itunes. any decent media player will do amazon/freedb.org etc etc tagging for you.

4. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have tried it and problem is I have a lot of missing album tags which is what that software needs.

5. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Give Jaikoz a look it should do what you want.

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/

6. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think it has the functionality but I can't work out how to use it, its very complicated

7. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

8. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Yeah there is a lot to it for your idea here since you say a lot of information is missing load your files then hit the auto correct, the clipboard with pen icon. Let it do its stuff whatever is missing/incorrect in the tags can be corrected by highlighting the column using a copy/paste operation to fill in proper values, once this is done to your satisfaction then a right click on any highlighted column for a rename from tags and save completes the process renaming your files how you specified.