Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
Ok, I have searched endlessly for a decent tagging tool but not found one thats spot on. Here are my needs:

Search Amazon or equivalent for Album or Artist and tie up files with the tracks and insert the tag information.

Use Multi-Tag editing on selected files

Rename files based on tags

Pretty simple I think but cannot find a nice decent app to do these. Any suggestions?

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I have tried it and problem is I have a lot of missing album tags which is what that software needs.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I think it has the functionality but I can't work out how to use it, its very complicated

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
I think it has the functionality but I can't work out how to use it, its very complicated

Yeah there is a lot to it for your idea here since you say a lot of information is missing load your files then hit the auto correct, the clipboard with pen icon. Let it do its stuff whatever is missing/incorrect in the tags can be corrected by highlighting the column using a copy/paste operation to fill in proper values, once this is done to your satisfaction then a right click on any highlighted column for a rename from tags and save completes the process renaming your files how you specified.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.