MP3 to RM??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dazd, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Dazd macrumors member

Hi all
    We have a lot of audio files at work (school) in MP3 format (Languages files etc) but we have a Helix streaming server which requires Real Media files. I have Real Producer on a windows PC in my office but my Mac Pro is hugely more powerful than the PC. Is there a way to convert the MP3s to RM on the Mac? Obviously cutting out the PC reduces the number of steps to getting the final file.

Thanks

Daz :)

2. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

Mac Pro, right? You can install Windows on it and run Real Producer that way.

3. Dazd thread starter macrumors member

Yes I have Parallels installed but it drags when converting to RM. I was hoping there would be an app out there that could do things quickly.

Thanks

Daz :)

4. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

I'm sure you could run Windows through Boot Camp for native support, thereby harnessing the entire hardware.

5. Dazd thread starter macrumors member

It's a work machine with licensing for Parallels, the school wouldn't shell out for another VM package unfortunately.

Not to worry, I'll just use the windows machine for now but thanks :)

Daz

6. kylera, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

Boot Camp is completely free; it comes with just about any Intel Mac out there. It isn't virtualization - - it turns your Mac into a full-fledged Windows box.

Take a look at this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461