Mp3's to ipod from several computers, no iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bkohrman, Apr 16, 2007.

1. bkohrman macrumors newbie

I work on several computers, and I'm trying to find a way to easily upload mp3 files to my ipod from any computer, mac or PC, without iTunes or having to change the way my ipod works. I want to sync it to one computer (home) and be able to add files (not DRM protected) from other computers. How can I do this?

2. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

3. bkohrman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, 1 more question

Thanks. I checked out the site. Now, some of the managers say they can copy songs to your iPod. Does this mean you can just drag songs onto it? That's really all I want. I don't want to have to set up or sync anything. Just plug it in and load it on.
    Also, the site said that some might corrupt ipods. I can't have that (sorry for being so picky, I'm willing to buy... It doesn't have to be free). I really want it to add a song without changing the ipod in any other way. Do any of these do that?

4. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I can't personally recommend any of the software, as I've never used it with an iPod. The closest I've come is using Notmad Explorer by Red Chair Software, which also makes Anapod Explorer. Notmad Explorer is for Creative's players and supports drag-and-drop loading of songs onto the player. Anapod Explorer looks identical, but for iPod instead. It is Windows only, which may be a downside depending on your situation. A free trial is available for download.

I would also like the ability to just drag a song or two onto an iPod just like I would to any other hard disk, but I'm sure Apple had dozens of reasons for making it more complicated than that.