Mp4 file to DVD for TV Viewing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fleshman03, Nov 15, 2008.

1. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a 800mb Mp4 file that I want to burn to a DVD to watch on my family DVD player. How do I go about doing this? I have the file, DVD (Single layer) and my MBP dvd burner.

Is there a program that will compress the file so it will fit on a regular DVD or am I going to have to go out today and buy a Dual Layer?

2. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

I don't think it has to do with the size so much as the length. DVDs hold about 3.4gb of data, so 800mb shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure about how long DVDs are, so that may not be the issue, but look into it.

3. fleshman03 thread starter macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Well it's actually a 90 minutes of video. The 800mb is the compressed, Mp4 file size. I'm looking to turn that into a regular, watchable DVD.

With TS_Video, TS_Audio and the such.

4. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

I wasn't sure whether DVDs worked the same way as CDs, where you actually have time restrictions, since I never burn DVDs.

Perhaps Handbrake or VisualHub would do the job. I know VisualHub is discontinued, but it has to be floating around somewhere. Sorry if I'm not being much of a help here.

5. logana macrumors 65816

logana

VisualHub is your answer - it will convert just about any video format.

MP4 to an authored DVD should be pretty easy...creates a Video_TS folder and your dvd player will be happy.