mp4 to dvd... the fast way

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by franklebel, Mar 20, 2009.

1. franklebel macrumors newbie

hi, i've got a few ripped movies my friend lent me a few months back and i ripped them as mp4's with handbreak. now i'm stuck with mp4s and i want to burn them to dvd. i tried with idvd and toast but it takes just too long to encode. i got me a video encoder software called any dvd converter pro and it allows me to convert to any video format. my question is:

is there a file format (.mpg, .avi etc.) that i can burn to dvd and be able to watch on my dvd player at home without having to encode as a Video_TS folder ????

By the way if there isnt a way for my first question...is there a faster way to get a video_ts file from a digital video file without having to encode soo slowly with idvd and toast...like is there some magical plugin or hardware device that encodes faster than my macbook pro 2.4 ghz with 4 gigs of ram???

thanks

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

no, there is no magical answer for your problem. the only thing you could do is get a faster computer.

3. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

That depends on your DVD player. Many set top boxes play avi divx and others. You'd have to check the spec on your particular box.

4. cncpaul macrumors newbie

I agree a DVD player that plays divx or just let toast do its thing and go to bed. It should be done by morning.

5. kahlil88 macrumors member

kahlil88