MP4's Audio Out Of Sync

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DavidClassic, Aug 30, 2008.

1. DavidClassic macrumors member

I have a couple of TV show episodes on my iPod and the Audio is out of sync. Sometimes by a 5 seconds then sometimes by 1. The audio is out of sync everywhere not just on my iPod. So if I watch it on my computer, iTunes, iPod it's allways out of sync.

So my question is, is their a way to fix the audio without ruining the quality of the video.

Any help would be great thanks:)

2. DavidClassic thread starter macrumors member

3. danand725 macrumors newbie

danand725

Where did they come from?

Can I ask where you got the TV shows from?

I've had a few TV shows I purchased from iTunes that were out of sync. I managed to get refunds from Apple as they had not encoded them correctly. You can prove this sometimes because even the 30 second preview in the store is out of sync.

I also had a problem when I converted TV shows I'd recorded on my PVR (Humax). Sometimes using the Quicktime decoder, the audio would shift. I found that using the VLC decoder worked every time. I just have to remember to choose that option when converting the video.

So - where did you get the files? Did you convert them yourself? If they work on other machines and it's just yours that's broken - it's be a decoder issue. Try using VLC or installing Perian.

4. DavidClassic thread starter macrumors member

I downloaded the episodes off the net allready converted to iPod, so I'm not able to renencode. I have looked online and found some websites but when I try to do what they say it never works.

Thanks for the help.

5. uwzero macrumors newbie

Did you ever figure out how to get that fixed?