MP4Tools DTS > AC3 audio out of sync?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by micrors4racer, Oct 1, 2012.

1. micrors4racer macrumors 6502

Anyone getting out of sync audio when converting 5.1 DTS to 5.1 ac3? I also have add 2 ch track checked if that makes a difference.

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Have you also tried Subler? Does it also produce desynched video?

3. micrors4racer thread starter macrumors 6502

In subler the dts > dolby pro logic II works fine and is in sync. But I want to have an AC3 track so I must convert the dts to ac3 and 2 channel using another program as I noticed subler not having this feature. I discovered iFlicks so I am trying that out now.

4. jrhillma macrumors newbie

I just purchased MP4Tools and have this problem on the very first file I converted. :S

5. mic j macrumors 68030

Are you using the stable version or the beta version?

6. jrhillma macrumors newbie

Version 3.1.4 (3.1.4) according to the About... window. I have it set for pass-through on the video and to remux the audio from DTS to AC3 (5.1) along with the 2-channel stereo (for iPad viewing).

7. Aragornii macrumors 6502

I had that problem so I switched to Subler. Now Subler no longer works on Mountain Lion, so I go through the painstaking process of using Handbrake.

8. sfxguy macrumors member

Use the beta version. It fixes the sync issues some mkv's have.

9. micrors4racer thread starter macrumors 6502

I have been using subler since encountering this is issue and it works fine in mountain lion. It just doesn't have DTS to AC3 conversion from what I see. So if your mkv only has DTS audio you can only convert it to AAC 2 channel / Dolby Prologic 2.

http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/87/converting-blue-ray-discs-andor-mkvs-ipad-iphone-–-part-iii