MP610 stops scanning after first page

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by geoffH, Feb 4, 2010.

1. geoffH macrumors newbie

Have only just started using my MP610 for scanning and it will only scan one page before grinding to a halt.

First time I try to scan something everything works perfectly well, no problems. If I try to scan another page I get an error message saying the drivers may not be installed correctly and I should try reinstalling them. Sometimes, if I switch the MP610 off and on again, the scanner might work again but sometimes not! (The printer works fine all the time!)

I have installed all the up to date drivers from the Canon site. I've tried uninstalling them all and then reinstalling (without MP connected) but exactly the same thing happens time after time. Driving me crazy!

Does anyone have any ideas on this one? Very grateful for your thoughts.
    Geoff

2. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I scan with my MP610 all the time and don't have that problem. What program do you use to scan? For instance, I use Photoshop.

3. geoffH thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply - I always forget to post some important piece of info!
    I just use the software which came with the MP610 itself, MP-Navigator EX 1.0. It has a separate scanner driver but, again, I've updated that from Canon as well.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If you have 10.6, and maybe even if you don't, try using Image Capture and see if the same thing happens.

5. geoffH thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Jedimeister, that's was helpful (I'm relatively new to MAC and didn't know about Image Capture).
    That seems to work fine. Hasn't missed a beat over several scans. I presume that means it's a problem with my scanning software programme?