MPA Durability?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grzesiek024, Jan 26, 2008.

1. grzesiek024 macrumors newbie

I know it has this aluminum casing and all but will it be durable?

Right now i have a MB that's just falling apart, trackpad is oversensitive, superdrive doesn't work, casing is cracked on all sides... poor thing didn't survive backpacking... and i'm really seeing the MPA as the solution to my problems.

I hear the complaints, no optical drive, one usb, no firewire... but I've been living without an optical drive for almost 8 months and i only ever use the usb port for my ipod (and besides, i have a multi usb hub thing that i needed for my old pc), no firewire... well, i can always use my computer at work if i ever need to use one... I don't need those features...

i just need a computer that's durable and light... but the last thing i want to do is shell out that money for a MPA and it just fall apart like my MB did when i can just buy another MB... I don't want a MBP... too big for me... but if the mpa is more durable than a MB ... i'm sold. Does any one know? I've been to the apple store but I didn't get many answers there (too busy that day i guess)... so i'd like to know your thoughts.

2. ahaxton macrumors 6502a

The word is its extremely durable, almost insanely durable.

3. Nibi macrumors newbie

The negatives of this machine have been covered to death, but one thing the reviewers almost unanimously agree upon is the build quality and sturdy feeling of this machine. Even the tiny door for the ports is said to feel solid.

4. grzesiek024 thread starter macrumors newbie

insanely durable? hrmm, i like the sound of that... it's seems to really be the perfect machine for me... i just don't want to get suckered into that "niche" market and spend so much money cause who knows if down the road they'll release one with more ports and stuff... but, i think i'm just gonna go for it and see what happens.

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

No one will know until they're released into the wild. We'll find out soon enough from the people who've purchased them, both here and elsewhere.