MPB 13 Touch Bar DOA

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sterling99, Jan 10, 2017.

1. sterling99 macrumors newbie

I do not post much but wanted to add my experience to the collective.

Been a Mac fan for about 5 years. My 2012 MBP 13 inch is bullet proof and I have an unhealthy relationship with it. I have been waiting for the update like many of you and was excited to be able to afford a brand new laptop when the announcement occurred.

Disappointed when out of the box the touch-bar failed to work. I of course spoke to apple who confirmed I had a hardware issue and it would be have to be sent back. Shame really.

Thought you guys should have the real world incident.

2. Sanpete macrumors 68020

3. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I do not post much but wanted to add my experience to the collective.

Been a PC user my entire life. My 2008 Sony VAIO Z Series is bulletproof and I have a healthy relationship with it. I have been waiting for the update like many of you and was excited to be able to afford a brand new laptop when the announcement occurred.

Elated when out-of-the-box the Touch Bar worked like a dream. Of course my friends were impressed with the new feature. A real conversation piece.

Thought you guys should have the real world incident.

4. nahkampfwombi, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017

nahkampfwombi macrumors member

To be honest: **** happens. no matter which brand. better be happy you are an apple customer and not an Acer customer.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Bummers - hate when you open up something new and its defective. That unfortunately happens but I understand its never easy :(