MPB 15" retina late 2013 Mac fan problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wedda, Oct 26, 2016.

1. wedda macrumors member

Hi guys,
    I spilled water on my MPB and autorized repairshop told me that I shouldnt repair it as I had to change battery + logic board..

I went to a normal shop they changed the battery + repaired the logic board.. I got it back and the repairshop told me the fans are working fine (probably when he is running his programs to check if the fan is ok).. The right fan is not working (fancontrol tells me its 0 rpm) whereas my left one is at full speed all time.. I tried to reset SMC and I think I managed to do it.. So I gave it back to the repairshop and he told me it is working however he cannot locate why I cannot change the brightness of the screen on the keyboard not even sure if I can inside iOS..?

Before this happened I installed the newest Sierra.. What can I try to get my fan working again if it will say 0 rpm? Is it just to reset SMC? Reinstall iOS? Other tips are highly appriciated!!

2. wedda thread starter macrumors member

Also the computer starts up VERY slowly and runs VERY slowly.. can this be due to the fan problem?

I cannot change the brightness on the screen (inside iOS) or using the keyboard.. maybe this is also connected to something not being working correctly?