mpb green line on screen bad service

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sot, Sep 28, 2008.

1. sot macrumors newbie

hi there guys!
    i have a serious problem - my mbp had a green line on the screen at the left side. I went to the saler to fix it.
    He told me tht he send it to england to fix it cause i am rom Greece and we have no applestore.
    After waiting for a whole Month to take my mpb back this saturday i took it.
    The man told me that they replace the screen i saw this on a paper but when i came home this screen was there and after 1 minute working it dissapeared..
    today Sunday this Green Line is on the screen for about one hour....
    It the same problem...

I WAS WAITING FOR A MONTH TO FIX MY PROBLEM AND THEY DIDN;T FIX IT...
    WHAT I HAVE TO DO ?? IF I GO TO THE STORE THAT I TOOK IT I WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER 1 MONTH.... THIS EXTREMLY BAD BAD BAD SERVICE... WHAT THE F**** WITH APPLE ?? WHAT I CAN DO ?:(

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

actually CALL apple and get APPLE to fix it

dont trust a third part to do it

i dont care what they told you

3. sot thread starter macrumors newbie

i have to call apple ? i think that my mbp went to apple but apple didn;t fix it..

you say that i have to send it to apple by my self ? this will be terible. i can't trust anyone to send it to america or whatever out of greece. cause propably i'll lost my computer.

They didn;t send it to apple ? where they send it for service.. i think that only apple is on service..

4. sot thread starter macrumors newbie

we have no Applestores in Greece .
    the shop that i took it is just a resaller.. : /

Does anyone knows what happens with this Green Line ? Is it from Graphic Card ?

5. kolax macrumors G3

Backup all sensitive documents, then wipe the hard drive (format and install).

Then phone up Apple and explain your situation. Say what has happened, it supposedly got fixed but same issue still there, and you'd rather Apple themselves took care of it rather than a 3rd party.

I've never dealt with Apple directly, so I don't know if they offer a pickup service via a courier which will take your Mac and mail it onto Apple directly.