Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
This makes me pretty weary of buying a MBP and would be doing a lot of this type of stuff on it and really cannot afford my hardware to be doing this kind of stuff.

Don't let this instance of a problem worry you. I have heard of some hot MBPs (getting to mid-80 C), but this is the first time I have seen one over 90 C, let alone 101 C.

ashvere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
Update:

I went down to the service centre and told them about my prob.
The engineer reseted pram and advised to update my fcp and said it could be a software problem or kenal problem. He was very sure that it couldn't be the thermal grease cos he said he applied it very carefully. Also he opened up all my apps and stressed the cpu but the temp was at 70-80 degrees celcius only. Then he said it could be fcp prob and told me not to worry cos the cpu can actually go up to 140 degrees celcius!

So i went back and updated fcp but still same prob.
i dunno if i should send it down to the same service centre cos the engineer seems to be unsure of not what is the problem also and is hesitant to order another logic board to replace.

Any advice on what to do next?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.