MPB waking from sleep issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Link00seven, May 7, 2008.

1. Link00seven macrumors regular

Hello,

More often then not whenever I open the lid to bring the computer back from sleep mode, it turns on but the display doesn't turn on. The only way to get it back to normal is to hard reset the computer.

Any fix?

Thanks.

2. Belathor macrumors newbie

I have this problem too. I would like to know if there is any fix as well.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'd start by saying please use Search. It's been discussed already.

As with the a solution: Just wait a minute or two; it will wake up.

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yeah just wait a bit itll usually comes back, have you installed all of the updates? like the EFI update?

5. Link00seven thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I installed all the updates. I didn't realize just waiting a bit would wake it up. Thanks for the news.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I used to do the hard reset, but once I had to take a break so I left it and it woke up; now I just let it do it's thing.

7. inVINCEcible2k3 macrumors newbie

i finally experienced this.

well not sure if its the same , but i hear the mbp load up and the screen is "black" , more of a dark smoke , i can see the desktop through he black screen but the brightness is very very low , to a dark , almost black tint.

Is this the same problem?

Also , last night , my magsafe power got snapped out of the input after it got wrapped in the corner of my desktop chair and the screen went blank.At first , i kinda panic cause i thought i fried the computer but i heard the comp load and the screen was blank. Happen a second time later in the evening.

This is when i started to look around in the forums and am experiencing ,what other people have.

So far from what i've read , its a software issue? Are we suppose to wait it out or what?

Appreciate any updates or other threads that have info. Thanks!

8. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Mine does it as well. You have to wait a bit for it to come back. Lately, my MacBook Pro has been locking up on sleep, so I'm going to take it to an Apple Authorized repair center.

9. inVINCEcible2k3 macrumors newbie

Same issue's as me?

Can ya fill me in on what they say?

Appreciate it!

10. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I have had this problem off and on for a while, but can't remember the last time I had it. I could tell the mac was sleeping by the light. Open the lid, the light would go out but the screen would never come on. I would try everything. Every now and then closing the lid and opening it after a minute would help, but not all the time. I would usually resort to holding down the power button.

I did get a call yesterday from Apple tier 2. He said he came across some threads I posted to about this problem and wanted to know if I was still having it. They seem to be actively trying to resolve it. He emailed me a program to run after it happens again that will send Apple log files to look at. Now if only I can get it to fail. I think the last firmware update made it better. I wonder if it would help if anyone here is actively having the problem to get the program from Apple (I can email) to send them the logs.

Here is the email:
    Hello James,

Attached is the Data Capture program that we discussed earlier. To run this program open the DMG and double click the Data Capture icon. In your case we only would like you to run the " Capture default information " Once you have ran the Data Capture you will have a file on the desktop called " ACCDusername1.dmg " if you could email that back to me I would appreciate it.

Have a great day, XXX

-
    - James

11. ebmx66 macrumors newbie

ya i have this same problem and it really makes me mad because i don't want to wait the two minutes....for me it works to plug the computer in and the screen will come back on

12. hamer69 macrumors newbie

hamer69

All this happenned to me until I found this forum and learned a fair bit from you guys. Yep,..I just have to wait for about 8-10 secs before it comes on. Before knowing this, I used to reboot the Pro!! Wait,..or, sometimes you've gotta turn up (or play around) with the screen lighting buttons.

And sometimes,..you'd hear that the MBP is 'alive' but won't come on! Hmm..???