MPD 16 with drivers is panicing Leopard. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by gotzero, Nov 25, 2007.

1. gotzero macrumors 68040

The subject pretty much sums it up. Two separate macs are having kernel panics when I plug in the MPD16 via USB. I did a pretty exhaustive search and the only other examples of this I see were all because drivers were not installed and so on.

The two systems going down are:

MBP, 2.33 C2D, 4GB RAM, 10.5.1, Akai Driver installed
    Mini, 1.83 C2D, 2GB RAM, 10.5.0, Akai Driver installed

I cannot tell what specifically is going wrong from the logs.

2. mitch96 macrumors newbie

Got exactly the same problem.
    If I install the driver, then it works fine, but a couple of days later it crashes again.
    I thought it was because of the power on USB. That's why I bought a USB-Hub with power supply, but even with it, it does not solve the problem.

It seems that after a fresh install of the driver, it may works for a while, but not for so long and you never know if its gona work.

mitch

3. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

4. sapoloco macrumors newbie

unreliable MPD16...Need Help with USB.

Driver will work some times, and no work many times, been having this problem the first time loaded in my MBP Intel C2D 2.66 OSX10.6 till now 10.6.8 every update with the hope ill be back to normal, I have uninstall and reinstall every single driver version find online, new and old, Japanese included, I only get some love when I play a bit with voltage via powered USB hub, or changing USB Ports, but still unreliable.

The MPD midi driver gets duplicated in the OS X Audio Midi Setup Window, when I Change/Swap the usb ports, it make a copy of the driver for each usb port I have including the HUB. I can only get it to work after around the 10 attempt, one that works must times is to plug the MPD before any USB Device, but the driver drops out sometimes.

This are other USB Audio/Midi Drivers install on my system:
    SaffirePRO40, NI Audio8 DJ, recently uninstalled Serato Drivers to start a search for driver conflict, also have FTDIDrivers install in my system,
    can this be the conflict? anyway I have also try without the FTDIDriver and unless they leave stuff in your system after uninstall, this didn't fix the problem,

I use the USB connection to power up the mpd or 9V DC Negative Center, and use the standard midi out port, all good like this, I have opened the MPD16 to look inside for lose contact in the usb port and is like new, here is the serial number of mine 40205-00140 made in Taiwan. MPD16 need Help as the new versions don't like and will love to load/save her Midimap via USB...

Gurus! any nfo on things you have done to keep your AKAI MPD16 working with new computers, will be most appreciated.

5. sapoloco macrumors newbie

MPD16 Detected but not working...

AKAIpro MPD16 USB/MIDI PAD CONTROL UNIT:

Product ID: 0x0062
    Vendor ID: 0x09e8 (AKAI professional M.I. Corp.)
    Version: 1.00
    Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer:
    Location ID: 0x24130000 / 4
    Current Available (mA): 500
    Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)

6. sapoloco macrumors newbie

Detected and working MPD16

Vendor-Specific Device:

Product ID: 0x0062
    Vendor ID: 0x09e8 (AKAI professional M.I. Corp.)
    Version: 1.00
    Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer: AKAI Professional M.I. Corp.
    Location ID: 0x24130000 / 4
    Current Available (mA): 500
    Current Required (mA): 100