MPEG Streamclip, Quicktime MPEG2 component and MP3 audio

psachania

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
After installing quicktime mpeg2 components, MPEG Streamclip is not playing MP3 audios. Tried, uninstalling, installing of MPEG Streamclip.

Urgent help required.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
After installing quicktime mpeg2 components, MPEG Streamclip is not playing MP3 audios. Tried, uninstalling, installing of MPEG Streamclip.

Urgent help required.
What? MPEG Streamclip is not a player. It is a file converter. iTunes is your preferred MP3 player. The Quicktime Player will also play MP3 files. MPEG Streamclip, iTunes, and the Quicktime Player are all Quicktime-based applications. Do any of them work for your particular MP3 files?

Comment

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Try opening the files with Quicktime, if you don't want to use iTunes.

Comment

psachania

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
What? MPEG Streamclip is not a player. It is a file converter. iTunes is your preferred MP3 player. The Quicktime Player will also play MP3 files. MPEG Streamclip, iTunes, and the Quicktime Player are all Quicktime-based applications. Do any of them work for your particular MP3 files?
May be I wasnt clear. In order to convert, you still need to open video file in MPEGStreamclip and then convert. It neither as preview plays the audio or when converted into anything supported.

Quicktime plays fine, so does VLC and so does even iMovie. Except that when I convert into any other format using MPEG Streamclip, there is no audio, if it is MP3.

I need my MPEG Streamclip working with MP3 :(

Comment