Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaggymatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
I have several thousand MP'3 that I've accumulated over the years. Many of these are old rips that I've done, even going back to some tape conversions, music that friends have composed, CD rips, and various download sources (yes all legal).

I just migrated myself from a M$ platform over to Mac. I found that a large number of my songs were missing tags so I had ieatbrainz run through it one night. I thought how great this is! Woke up, spot checked, looked good, and was happy. Fast forward to today a couple months later. I now have a 16gb Touch which I just completed integrating into my car. I'm finding that some songs are totally tagged wrong. Beastie Boys for example was being displayed yet Simon and Garfunkel was playing. Beatles shown with Slayer playing. Yikes.

Is MPFreaker capable of going through and doing a complete re-evaluation of all the songs and fixing the incorrect tags? I am more than willing to pay the $20 if it is successful. Just curious what kind of success people have had with MPFreaker. That and ieatbrainz seem to be the leaders, of course I'm not so sure that I want to take my chances again with ieatbrainz. It seems that MPFreaker gets great reviews, but I don't know how hosed my music collection is at this point. I really don't feel like ripping ~150 CD's again. Part of my problem was that I didn't use iTunes to rip the CD's, as at the time I had a Creative Vision 30gb and didn't want the iTunes management.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.