Mplayer/OGM files .......

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shmelt, Aug 6, 2007.

1. shmelt macrumors newbie

Hello!
    I'm having a bit of an issue with the mysterious OGM video file. There are some ogm. files I'd like to get to my Ipod ... but to get them to my Ipod, I have to be able to play 'em, right? Hah! Well, the file originally opened up as VLC, a supposed "Supporter." of the ogm. files, but I seem to always run into complex problems. "main: no suitable access module for `/Users/ - blah blah blah blah."
    It seemed I couldn't find anyone else with the same problem ... and, trying to avoid reffuring to the forums ( Whad'uh ya' know, that's what I'm doing as we speak ... hah! ) I decided to try Mplayer, another "Supporter." Well, I opened up the file, it acted as if it was about to play, and then stopped. I've tried numerous applications, and they all either "Don't support." Something, or repeat the same thing as Mplayer. I've tried numerous converters as well ... but, if you have a suggestion, don't be shy to mention it, as I'm open for all information regardless if I've tried it or not. So, there you have it ... I'm in need of an application - or w/e you can provide me with to be able to simply at the least PLAY .ogm files ....
    - THANKS! Shmelt :cool:
    PS: If some miracle happens to come to pass ... I'd sure appreciate being able to convert ogm. files to Quicktime. Hehe. :p

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Since you haven't listed which software you've tried, I'll suggest a few.

iSuint (free)
    ffmpegX (free)
    MPEGStreamclip (free)
    VisualHub (not free, but if the demo will work, worth buying for $25.00)

If it played in VLC, then open it, stop it from playing, then do
    File>>Transcode / Streamin>>Next
    Select Transcode , then the file, and so on, until you can choose Video (mp4) and audio mp4, then click Go or Finish or whatever and see if VLC will transcode it.

Best of luck,

Brian