Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sanders888

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
hey, i think mplayer is great but it takes tooooo long to transfer videos through ssh. i though iphone explorer would would work but it cant acces the folders. are there any other programs that can access the iphone through usb and be able to access private/var???

thanks

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
hey, i think mplayer is great but it takes tooooo long to transfer videos through ssh. i though iphone explorer would would work but it cant acces the folders. are there any other programs that can access the iphone through usb and be able to access private/var???

thanks

Google diskaid.

sanders888

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
thanks,

however, when i use diskaid and try to open the root folder it says i need a jailbroken device to view it. i do have a jailbroken device:confused::confused:

foob

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2009
I like Discover (from Cydia). It's free and uses the webdav protocol network so you can drag and drop things from your PC over your home wireless. I doubt it's going to transfer anything faster than ssh, but it's a lot easier to get the transfer started.

This is a screenshot of me using it on linux with KDE with a split window, one opened to the phone and the other to my PC's root drive. On Windows, I guess you'd need to drag between two windows.

snap2s.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.