MPlayerx problem.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Frostheat, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Frostheat macrumors newbie

It won't open .mkv files that are more than one day old. These .mkv files used to work, but now they don't. However, I can still open .mkv files that I had from yesterday. I tried deleting the file "org.niltsh.MPlayerX.plist" but I can't drag it anywhere and there's no option to move it to the trash when I right-click it. And yes, I made sure that Mplayerx was not open.

Thanks.

2. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

I've been having some memory leak issues with MPlayerX's latest release for Mavericks where it chokes the system after about 10 minutes of playing any video. Have you tried VLC? Their latest release seems to work really well on OSX.

3. Frostheat thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but even if I switch to VLC I still want to delete that plist file.

4. Frostheat thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for double post, but this problem happened after updating from 1.0.17 to 1.0.18. I tried downgrading, but it still doesn't work.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I just fired up MPlayerX and got an update to 1.0.19 that claims to fix this.

[​IMG]

6. Frostheat thread starter macrumors newbie

Updated and still doesn't fix my problem.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Hmmm.... I just went to ~/Library/Preferences and deleted org.niltsh.MPlayerX.plist on my system by hitting command-delete keys together. :confused: Yours won't do that?

8. Frostheat thread starter macrumors newbie

Just checked, and it seems I have two of those. One of them is deletable and the other is not deletable. I deleted the deletable one, but nothing happened. I downgraded back to 1.0.17, and now all the videos load fine. Weird.

9. Jelite macrumors 6502a

After updating to 1.0.19 it won't play anything for me. Tried deleting both plist files but still nothing.

10. Frostheat thread starter macrumors newbie