Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mthao00

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
For those in Mpls/St. Paul with an iPhone 3G, how is your 3G coverage today? Edge works but 3G is painfully slow today or for that matter, not even working.

I called AT&T and the representative said that there's a problem regarding 3G in the entire great lakes area. She mentioned that the case has been issued and AT&T is currently working to solve it.

How's your 3G in the Twin Cities area? Maybe it's just me :(

FYI, mT :apple:

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
I grew up in Minneapolis, my family is still there. The only thing that keeps my brother from going iPhone is that he lives by Lake Harriet and his house is a virtual ATT dead zone. When I stay with him, I get nothing. All along the parkway, it's really hit and miss. My iPhone, Gen 1, works great in Grand Rapids, Duluth etc... The lakes area of south Mpls is awful!:(

My dad just got a 3G iPhone and experiencing the same issues as you. His 3G is really not any faster than my edge. ATT needs to fix this!

Coachingguy

mthao00

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
3G is definitely horrible today. It doesn't even work right now. It's only been acting up today though.

Vaco Deus

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
I was wondering what was up with the 3G.

When I first got the iPhone in my home I had 3G all the time but now its on Edge. It goes to 3G when I go to Lake Elmo but this is getting annoying.

Vaco Deus

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
They must have resolved their issue in the region because I woke up this morning and turned off my wifi and had full bars of 3G access.

Oh, joy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.