mQuickDo stopped working...(Update: Fix on the way)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tctony, Oct 23, 2009.

1. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

The bar just stopped showing up. I tried reinstalling it from cydia, and disabling and re-enabling it through SBSettings.

I don't want to use the "status bar trigger" because it's annoying and I have sbsettings.

Anybody know what to do?

*Update* 11/5/09 - I emailed the mQuickDo team, and they are looking into the issue and are going to fix it. Here was their response.

"Thanks for your feedback.
    In these days, we'll release a new version 1.4.1 fixing the unstability of QuicDo bar.
    Sorry for the inconvenience."

2. tctony thread starter macrumors 6502a

tctony

Sorry for DP, but does anybody have any ideas about this?

3. qiankun macrumors newbie

I have the same situation, except that even status bar won't activate mQuickdo. Re-installation doesn't solve the problem.

4. tctony thread starter macrumors 6502a

tctony

Yeah, this started happening to me to. The status bar was working for a little bit, but then stopped.

It's making me pretty mad. I'm using Kirikae for now, but it's not nearly as good.

5. mokeiko macrumors 6502

I was having problems also but found it was another app that didn't work well together with mquickdo. Try to remember what was the last app you installed before the problem began. Good luck.

mokeiko

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

so

what version of firmware? how did you Jailbreak? have you tried to reinstallit? reboot? wasit working just before the problem? etc etc.

7. tctony thread starter macrumors 6502a

tctony

Last app I installed was CategoriesSB. I uninstalled, and that didn't work.

3.0. redsn0w. Yes. Yes. Yes.

8. nyfinest32 macrumors regular

any solution yet? i started having this issue today.

9. Bakakage macrumors 6502

I installed it today and the bottom bar stopped working for me too. I didn't bother trying to fix it since I found out that I can access the ipod controls by double clicking the home button again after kirakae loads, so I don't need mQuickDo anymore =]. mQuickdo had some nice features, but when it did work I found swiping the bar way too difficult to do.

10. tctony thread starter macrumors 6502a

tctony

mquickdo is a much better program. Having the ability to enable backgrounding, take a snapshot, close an app, bring up an option to respring and, of course, bring up a list of open apps, all from a convenient bar on the bottom of the screen makes for a great app. Way better than kirikae.

11. Bakakage macrumors 6502

Yeah I know, but there needs to be a better way to implement it. I find swiping at the top easier then the bottom, although I use sbsettings so I can't do that. Shame the bottom bar stopped working for me, I would have used it.

12. tctony thread starter macrumors 6502a

tctony

Just letting everyone know that I sent an email to the mQuickDo team. Hopefully I'll get a response sometime soon.

13. tctony thread starter macrumors 6502a

tctony

This is the response I got from the apps creators. Very quick response by the team.

"Thanks for your feedback.
    In these days, we'll release a new version 1.4.1 fixing the unstability of QuicDo bar.
    Sorry for the inconvenience."

Looks like the problem with be fixed soon.