MR Design Contest Saga: DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by imaketouchtheme, Aug 10, 2014.

1. imaketouchtheme, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014

imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

I noticed there were some other contest threads for photography but didn't notice any for graphic design. Anyone interested in participating in one? The topic would be something relatively simple and quick to make (think, create "web browser" icon) so a lot of time wouldn't be dedicated. There would be no prizes at first, but if allowed, I could sponsor it with my website and offer an iTunes Gift Card or something of that nature.

Post here if anyone is interested! (No entry fee or anything)

Here is our first contest thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1768567

2. qwho macrumors newbie

If I had any talent for that sort of thing, I would be interested. Still, it is an idea with merit. :D

3. tkitty442 macrumors newbie

Unfortunately I don't have the skills to compete digitally with some of the folks I've seen here either... But Ive been forever lurking and wishing something would happen to get this sub-forum hopping...

I do love me some Design and Graphics...

4. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

There are two things that the pro users in this forum don't care for and they are crowd sourcing and free work. A contest thread would combine the two.

It works in a skilled hobby/pastime forum like Digital Photography where people are expressing their passion for an art form, but there are too many folks who make a living at design around here for it to fly. IMO.

That said, give it a shot and see what happens...

Dale

5. imaketouchtheme thread starter macrumors 65816

I understand your point, but the contest wouldn't be "design a logo for this". It would be more like...."design a logo based on your username" or something of that sort. I do freelance design with a friend, so I understand where you're coming from. ;)

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'd be up for it. It's a better waste of my time than arguing politics in PRSI.

7. needfx, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014

needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

count me in. I've created the two|one contest in the photography subforums too.

8. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Could be fun. I'd be willing to give it a go.

9. imaketouchtheme thread starter macrumors 65816

Contest has started: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1768567

Please use this thread for discussion!

----------

Contest Started!