MR Forum needs a dedicated sub-forum for iTunes questions

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by saving107, Nov 18, 2010.

1. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Why doesn't the forum have a dedicated iTunes sub forum?

I've noticed a lot of people don't have a place to ask iTunes specific questions (myself included), so they get posted in the Apple TV, iPhone, iPod section of the forum, where they tend to get over looked and sometimes unanswered.

Like this question that was asked in the iPhone forum:

How can I get movies into itunes?
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1051174

2. saving107 thread starter macrumors 603

saving107

Thank You,

I knew I had seen a iTunes sub forum before, and every time I've gone looking for it I gave up, good to know I wasn't imaging things, but sad to hear that it got reorganized and merged with other topics.

thank you for the reply and the links.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

One thing I've noticed recently, after the forum reorganisation, is that some are now using the Digital Audio forum for posting iTunes/Airplay/Mac questions which in some ways, devalues the original intent of that forum when it's clearly aimed at audio recording, production, archiving and reproduction, and those who are interested in it, be they professionals or amateurs. Sure, people could report those threads and have them moved. But this doesn't always happen.

Perhaps this comes about because — unlike Design and Graphics, Digital Photography, Digital Video and Web Design and Development — the Digital Audio forum is not a sub-forum so stands out a little more in the main forum page. Some possible solutions that don't involve creating a new (sub) forum for iTunes:

1. Relabelling the strap: 'Software for Macs, apps in the Mac App Store' to 'Software for Mac incl. iTunes (or iLife/iWork), apps in the Mac Store'.

2. Putting Digital Audio in with the others as a sub-forum and renaming the umbrella term from 'Visual Media' to 'Creative Media'.​

Food for thought.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The longer forum names are a pain in Forum Spy.

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The straplines don't turn up in Forum Spy.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Gotcha. Not enough coffee.