Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Some avatars are showing up but most graphics are not. Anyone else experiencing this? Other sites are fine.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 109

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Holy cripes!! My tar is stuck on Bret & Jemaine.

We're in high-traffic mode again, so the avatars are back to being hosted on macrumorslive.com. Which means that the ~3 hour delay between syncs is back in effect.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
We're in high-traffic mode again, so the avatars are back to being hosted on macrumorslive.com. Which means that the ~3 hour delay between syncs is back in effect.

Gotcha. It's interesting since I haven't used that tar since last year and all the sudden it popped up even though my user CP has my current one displayed. I edited my tar to none and it was instantaneous but no matter what pick I throw on, it still comes up w. old one. We'll see how long it takes spam to show.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Gotcha. It's interesting since I haven't used that tar since last year and all the sudden it popped up even though my user CP has my current one displayed.

Yeah, who knows what happened there...I don't know the details of the server syncing, but MRL may just still be using the avatar it had at the time we switched out of high-traffic mode. Although it appears that others have updated 'tars. :shrug:

My philosophy is that as long as something isn't majorly broken during the week of a special event, it's better to not ask questions. These things usually resolve themselves once we get settled back down. :)

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
Yeah, who knows what happened there...I don't know the details of the server syncing, but MRL may just still be using the avatar it had at the time we switched out of high-traffic mode. Although it appears that others have updated 'tars. :shrug:

My philosophy is that as long as something isn't majorly broken during the week of a special event, it's better to not ask questions. These things usually resolve themselves once we get settled back down. :)

Wow, I changed my tar a couple of times playing around to see if it was my acct. or site and it cycled through them all quick. I through up some spam and it made it out fast.

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
I switched the high-traffic mode back on as you noticed but used the 'wrong' forum server (the two forum servers aren't completely identical and the one I picked was missing some required software). Swapped it over to the one that works now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.