Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Jones

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Twin Cities
mediumsmallom9r94435ol.jpg

mediumsmallom9r14878gr.jpg

mediumsmallom9r08022gd.jpg

mediumsmallom9r05607wf.jpg

mediumsmallom9r02855lh.jpg

mediumsmallom9r02128lc.jpg

mediumsmallimg35313qb.jpg

mediumsmallimg19358fb.jpg

mediumsmalldscn26275kb.jpg

mediumsmalldscn25625jq.jpg

Mr. Jones

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Twin Cities
killuminati said:
I noticed in the first picture it says 2pac. The first picture is my favourite.
Several other people noticed that after the fact as well, neither of us had noticed it when I took the picture.

nuzreq

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
That's some good stuff you got there, I especially like the pictures of the band. What kind of camera are you using?

Mr. Jones

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Twin Cities
nuzreq said:
That's some good stuff you got there, I especially like the pictures of the band. What kind of camera are you using?
Current Camera Bodies:
Canon 1V HS
Canon 1D Mark II N
Canon 5D

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
I've got to experiment with black and white.

My favorite here is the U of Phoenix. I really like the cloud formation and the fisheye perspective. Also, the lights of the parking lot widen the sunset -- they're about the same hue.

Thanks for sharing. Here's hoping we get more forum members to post a selected gallery of their images.

Mr. Jones

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Twin Cities
ksz said:
I've got to experiment with black and white.

My favorite here is the U of Phoenix. I really like the cloud formation and the fisheye perspective.

Thanks for sharing. Here's hoping we get more forum members to post a selected gallery of their images.
The skies were absolutely amazing that night. One of those thing that doesn't happen too often, so I identified the value of such cloud cover and went out to shoot a couple thousnand photos. Just my friend, the children, and I.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Well I like the 1st one because it's funny, and the University of Phoenix one because of the sunset, but a lot of the photos from the 1st set didn't interest me at all.

The 2nd set........lots of ones that kept my interest.

I think this one is my favourite.
This photo with the American flag is also cool, but I do wanna see your body (no, I'm not sick :p ). I do want to see a bit more of the uniform standing in front of that ridiculous large flag though.

I'm a sucker for reflections and thought http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/9738/mediumsmallyan26193qd.jpg was cool.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6654/mediumsmallyan02955rj.jpg Nice group shot. What lense?

Mr. Jones

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Twin Cities
Abstract said:
Well I like the 1st one because it's funny, and the University of Phoenix one because of the sunset, but a lot of the photos from the 1st set didn't interest me at all.
To eahc, their own, I suppose. Personally, band photography is my favorite and it's hard to find a well-composed concert photograph these days.

The 2nd set........lots of ones that kept my interest.
Thank you very much.

I think this one is my favourite.
That one certainly is amongst my most favorite shots. It was one of the last 3 shots we did for that day and it ended being my favorite.

This photo with the American flag is also cool, but I do wanna see your body (no, I'm not sick :p ). I do want to see a bit more of the uniform standing in front of that ridiculous large flag though.
I know what you mean, but unfortunately, if I had panned out even the least llittle bit, you would have seen either the person holding the flag up or the other stuff in the room. which would have distracted you.

I absolutely love that picture.

15mm Fisheye

cslewis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2004
40º27.8''N, 75º42.8''W
First off, I'm curious to know what that industrial facility is.

Second, how old are you? Besides having photos that run circles around quite a few of my own, you seem acute and sagacious. Just wondering.

Mr. Jones

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Twin Cities
mac_head101 said:
First off, I'm curious to know what that industrial facility is.
It's a power plant on the Mississippi in the Twin Cities.

Second, how old are you? Besides having photos that run circles around quite a few of my own, you seem acute and sagacious. Just wondering.
I'll be 18 on April 26th.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
By the subject matter chosen, I had guessed that you were a young person. I'm curious as to how you can afford to own all those camera bodies and lenses, or are they just "on loan" as part of your school program? I remember that when I took a class in Large Format, we were each issued a 4x5 Calumet for the semester.

Interesting photos -- some I like better than others, but they all demonstrate a lot of talent.

Mr. Jones

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
Twin Cities
Clix Pix said:
By the subject matter chosen, I had guessed that you were a young person. I'm curious as to how you can afford to own all those camera bodies and lenses, or are they just "on loan" as part of your school program? I remember that when I took a class in Large Format, we were each issued a 4x5 Calumet for the semester.

Interesting photos -- some I like better than others, but they all demonstrate a lot of talent.
All of my equipment, as well as a lot of other stuff that I didn't list, I have acquired by various means. The Mark II N and the 5D as well as a few lenses were given to me as part of a testing program. After the testing program has concluded, I get to keep all equipment that was given to me. Other lenses as well as other camera bodies I paid out of pocket.

All of the above photos were taken since November aside from three, which were taken in August. They may not be my most technical or most amazing shots I've taken, but all of them have a little story behind them and are my favorites for various reasons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.