Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Apr 16, 2020
By accident I found that when in the Forums pressing keyboard numbers open different items in the top MR menu. For example, pressing 1 opens Front Page, 3 opens Guides, etc. The only one that doesn’t seem to work is 2 for Roundups. It works on both iPadOS and macOS. It doesn’t work when on one of the non-forum pages though.

Surely I’m not the first to discover this, and don’t know how useful it will be, but fun to find something (possibly) new.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
tenor.gif

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
By accident I found that when in the Forums pressing keyboard numbers open different items in the top MR menu. For example, pressing 1 opens Front Page, 3 opens Guides, etc. The only one that doesn’t seem to work is 2 for Roundups. It works on both iPadOS and macOS. It doesn’t work when on one of the non-forum pages though.

Surely I’m not the first to discover this, and don’t know how useful it will be, but fun to find something (possibly) new.
This is the first I have heard of such nerd keyboard moves.

And don't call me Shirley.

Nugget

Contributor
Nov 24, 2002
Tejas Hill Country
I wish there were a way to disable this, I am constantly hitting "1" by accident while reading the forums because of how I hover my hand over the keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.