Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
HEllo,

I had an MRI done and have a disk which I would like to look at. I know some pc software, but what software would work on a mac? I had a program that I liked but I switched computers and no longer do. I googled but did not find anything very useful.

Thanks.

UnclePaulie

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2004
LA, CA
Try OsiriX. Most likely the images on your CD are in DICOM format (standard for medical imaging), and that's exactly what OsiriX was made to do.

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
Try OsiriX. Most likely the images on your CD are in DICOM format (standard for medical imaging), and that's exactly what OsiriX was made to do.

Thanks, I downloaded it just before you posted- its the one I was looking for.

ScottSyrNY

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
Syracuse NY
Guys, thanks a lot, I was looking for this very same app. It works great.

Another question for ya, since its medical related...and no one (out of 70 viewers) replied to my other posting.

Do you guys use, or are aware of, software that would help organize and track medical expenses, billing, appointments, prescriptions?

Quicken Medical Expense Manager is for Windowz. Is there an equivalent for the Mac?

Thanks in advance

Chardo

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2009
Is anybody aware of a way to convert DICOM files into a video file which can be played by QuickTime? I have DICOM images which I need to insert and play in powerpoint. Thanks.

Chardo

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2009
Thanks. It does exactly what I'm looking for. A user question: The DICOM I am using has the patient's name tagged in the right corner. Anonymize doesn't remove it. Is there a way I can draw a black box over it, or crop the image in Osirix and then export the image to Quicktime?

Thanks again!!!

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land
Thanks. It does exactly what I'm looking for. A user question: The DICOM I am using has the patient's name tagged in the right corner. Anonymize doesn't remove it. Is there a way I can draw a black box over it, or crop the image in Osirix and then export the image to Quicktime?

Thanks again!!!

Import the QT into iMovie and block it out there.

I'm having an MRI next week.. good idea to ask the Doc for a copy of the scan file. I'll have a video of the inside of my head!

Also handy b/c I've been keeping my own medical records for a few years now. With the state of our Health System, I'm not going to trust my provider alone to keep my file. The way I see it, it's no different than keeping maintenance records for your car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.