MrMC 1.2.1 enters testflight

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by Scott Davilla, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Scott Davilla macrumors member

Scott Davilla

+ dynamic TopShelf, displays recently added movies and tvshows
    + fix play/pause with libdsm
    + fix play/pause, jump to tvOS home and back to auto resume playing
    + fix un-shuffle crash
    + bump ffmpeg version

2. oldhouse macrumors newbie

Is it necessary to have bought appstore version to test it on test flight?
    I had to request a refund for 1.2 due to random stuttering every 5 to 10 minutes on 1080p movies and was wondering if a new version could possibly fix this issue (which doesn't happen with infuse)

3. Scott Davilla thread starter macrumors member

Scott Davilla

I suggest working the problem rather than just hitting the refund button :) MrMC is built from many years of solid, proven code and there are 10's of thousands of users that don't see your issue. You are just tripping into some hole that no one has ever entered :)

I replied on MrMC forums what to test. We can continue over there and you can request testflight access there.

4. thekayman macrumors 6502

Got to try the new beta and I'm really impressed with one thing: it plays absolutely everything I have, including formats that other apps such as Infuse refuse to even open.

My major issue right now is this: external subtitles (.srt) are not automatically loaded. I have to manually browse for them but when try to load them the video playback freezes. Any idea why?

5. Scott Davilla thread starter macrumors member

Scott Davilla

Might ask on forums ( http://mrmc.tv/forum ) , the MrMC dev that deals with subtitles tracks issues there.

6. thekayman macrumors 6502

Figured out the reason: upnp / dlna connection.

When connecting to the NAS through SMB, everything works great! External subs automatically recognized and loaded.

7. Scott Davilla thread starter macrumors member

Scott Davilla

MrMC also support wake-on-access for remote servers. Similar to WOL but is checked each time something is opened on server.

8. Scott Davilla thread starter macrumors member

Scott Davilla

As users know, they can change the entire gui look and feel of MrMC by dynamically switching the skin. Currently there are three skins, MrMC (modified Confluence), Amber and PM3.HD (oldie but goody).

At http://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=2353#p2353 , we are running a user poll to see what skins user are running and what skins they would like to see in MrMC. Let your voice be heard :)

9. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I use Amber. I really like the "favorites" option on the menu. Not sure the default skin allows that. I did notice someone had a Apple TV Type Skin (not sure if like the ATV1 UI or ATV 2/3 UI). I would really like a Skin that looks more like the Apple TV 4 UI since it is a tvOS App. Maybe the current Apple TV Skin would be a good starting point.

Side Note: Maybe you should consider creating a Poll here. That way we do not have to register on yet another forum just to participate in the Poll. Maybe much more of your users are registered here.

10. myrtledog macrumors member

I'm having trouble searching my collection with MrMC. I've got nearly 1000 titles and moving thru them via list or thumbnail takes forever.

When I try to search using the pop up keyboard it never finds any title...
    Always says "not found."

What am I doing wrong?

11. thekayman macrumors 6502

Despite the less than ideal interface, the remote problems, etc., MrMC has one thing going for it: it really does play EVERYTHING. No other app I've tested can make that claim.

12. Scott Davilla thread starter macrumors member

Scott Davilla

We would have to see the debug log. Please start a support thread at http://mrmc.tv/forum/viewforum.php?f=6 so we can track this down.

13. SunshineFires macrumors regular

SunshineFires

Any progress on DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD support?

14. Scott Davilla thread starter macrumors member

Scott Davilla

Nothing yet, still on the table. In other areas right now.

15. tgwaste, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016

tgwaste macrumors 6502a

tgwaste

Bought it... Tried it... Looks Pretty.. but that detracts from basic functionality.

Apple just spent all that time making remote text input fast and this brings us back to the dark ages.

Also... who thought it would be a good idea to make a single touch-tap in the middle of the remote skip ahead 10 minutes? Thats nonsensical. Seriously any touch on the remote skips ahead 10 minutes. Put down the crack-pipe and fix that. The _entire_ seek mechanism here is just awful.

It tries to be way to fancy with the remote and all these on-screen buttons and such.

16. lemonkid macrumors member

I think you should allow yourself to play around with these features a little. I had the same problem until I found out that you should just learn how to move your fingers. You can also 'fast rewind', or 'fast forward' with MrMc.

And the Kodi remotes on the iPhone also works with this app. There are some things that could be improved. But it is surely one of the best media players on the ATV.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 30, 2016 ---
    As a work around you could list them all on your computer by date. Then put them in different folders by month or year. My server software can do this by default. Maybe you can solve it that way?

17. z06gal macrumors 6502

18. Scott Davilla, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016

Scott Davilla thread starter macrumors member

Scott Davilla