MrMC v3.1.0 on tvOS released

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by Scott Davilla, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Scott Davilla macrumors regular

Scott Davilla

After many months of hard work and skin development we are ready to share with you, Opacity, our skin that we hope will be a worthy replacement for our current default skin.

https://mrmc.tv/2017/09/14/mrmc-3-1-0-and-mrmc-lite-3-1-0-new-skin-opacity/

MrMC now also comes in two flavors , Full version and Lite version and both have new Opacity skin included. Lite version has full player functionality except divx codec playback and will limit library listing to 8 items. Lots of users were looking for a trial version to try MrMC and see if it suites their needs and MrMC Lite was done with that in mind. MrMC Lite is free and features will be kept in line with full version in future.

Change List:
    • add skin.opacity v0.9.0
    • edl fixes and player sync
    • movie trailers for sqlite/mysql
    • several plex/emby fixes
    • correctly set times when pulling/pushing trakt and manually setting watched status
    • fixed EDL commercial break
    • fixed tvos remote fast repeat
    • add .m4v to music tag loader and play music videos (m4v) as videos

2. Peepo macrumors 6502a

Thank you for this. It surprised me when I opened MrMC yesterday and seen the Opacity skin. Although I prefer the MrMC skin because I'm just used to it, I think Opacity makes it look modern and simpler for new people - hopefully will attract even more users.

Can't wait to see if there will be better x265 support with tvOS 11 in the future, and what have planned for the AppleTV 4K :)

3. Scott Davilla thread starter macrumors regular

Scott Davilla

A little teaser for the next version. HEVC decode using videotoolbox on the ATV4. If you look close at CPU percent, it is quite low. Suggestive of some hw decode and not the pure sw decode that has been suggested for the ATV4 under tvOS11. All this directly translates to the new ATV5 which should arrive shorty :)

[​IMG]

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Hard for me to interpret some of the specs shown...is that a 1080p video being played back?

5. Scott Davilla thread starter macrumors regular

Scott Davilla

hevc, 1080p using native VideoToolBox decoder. CPU usage is 22 percent where 200 (two cores) is max.

6. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Sweet! How was the playback? Smooth or stuttery?

7. Scott Davilla thread starter macrumors regular

Scott Davilla

This is AppleTV4, not the new 4K on. But for 1080p, playback is buffer smooth.

Here's new AppleTV 4K playing 4K HEVC content

[​IMG]

8. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I have two ATV4s and only 1080p sets, so I was more interested in the 1080p results...they look great. Looks like soon I'll be able to free up some room on my NAS using the smaller HEVC files and keep the same playback quality!

9. Scott Davilla thread starter macrumors regular

Scott Davilla

Ooohhhhhhhh, Looks like MrMC might have HEVC 10 bit HDR decode/display for the 3.2 release. Say tuned or visit the MrMC forums to follow the TestFlight results.