MS acusses Google of Monoply.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by macfan881, Jun 5, 2010.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Talk about being hypercritical :rolleyes:

Yes, google is the dominant player but they're not a monopoly, nor have the used their dominance to squash competition like MS did.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Correct. Microsoft wasn't smart enough to buy them out.

3. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

I don't get what MS wants the FCC to do about Google's dominance in the search engine world. :confused: It's our choice. What can the FCC do? This complaint by MS is so lame on so many levels.

4. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Perhaps MS need to concentrate a little more on churning out products that aren't ****, rather than engaging in a smear campaign when they have nothing to really show for it.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They totally missed the boat on the search engine thing. When they finally did realize what was going on, it was too late.

I mean google wasn't the first, heck even yahoo wasn't the first search engine. Search engines like Magellan, Infoseek, and AltaVista yet MS failed to grasp the paradigm shift

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The only reason I use google is because they didn't find it necessary to clutter their search engine with all types of **** like yahoo, alta vista, etc, etc.

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Exactly, they were basic, and their results were always what I was actually looking for :p

If someone else comes out with something that is simple, and can find the results, I'm sure I'd switch and not notice...

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's exactly why google flourished and others withered. Even in Bing's case I find the result set to be inferior to what google does.

Regardless of how someone may feel about google, they're search engine is the best.

9. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I started using Google after a friend told me about it--shortly after their launch. I don't think I have used another search engine since then--why bother when you get such good results from them. There were plenty of other options then as there are now but none that suits my needs. So what's the problem? Certainly not Google's problem.