MS dropping the ball?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bdavis89, Sep 16, 2009.

1. bdavis89 macrumors regular

so, has anyone else seen any advertising for the zune hd? I, for one, haven't seen anything...apple always has ads released with their new models, so whats up with MS?

the biggest thing i find disturbing is that i don't see anything on my xbox 360 dash! this is a huge advertising tool, is it not? and it would be free for them! you think they would be celebrating it on xbox live on your dash and everything, but i cannot find anything about it...doesn't matter what kind of device you have if nobody hears about it...whats up with this?

2. PeterQVenkman macrumors 68020

People have said this before- despite being really nice hardware, it seems like MS wants it to fail.

The device doesn't even WORK out of the box. The software wasn't finished until the official street date of the product!

Plus they are unprepared in the app market, holding out for the WinMo store and keeping most development for it (apps and games) totally in house.

They have a great product and no idea what to do with it. It isn't being sold outside the US (or at least north america).

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

And I read somewhere that the file system is encypted, so it can only be accessed via Microsoft's own tools. No drag and drop via a file system.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

haha, of course you fanboys wish, shall we give a product couple of month and wait for some comprehensive reviews first? declaring opponents dead within 1 day of release seems to be a very defensive attitude, some people scared?

5. bdavis89 thread starter macrumors regular

LOL, actually i was just saying...i plan on picking up a zune hd to replace my 2g touch that i sold, it was just something i noticed, lol

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

lol, you are well informed,, you can make decision on your own, think about it, MS actually never did any ads for ZUNEs, nor carpet like ads like apple did for mac and iPods for xbox 360. and the product is new anyway, holiday season is still to come, just give it time.

7. PeterQVenkman macrumors 68020

I want this device to succeed like no other. If it worked on a mac with just drag and drop (I don't care about Zune software), I'd buy one tonight. The video on that thing makes me salivate.

8. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Same. There are so many Apple policies that nobody likes that Microsoft could capitalize on and make bank... so why keep the HD in lockdown?

What ever happened to the shrewd businessmen that used to run MS?