MS Entourage Will Not E-Mail Photos _ Get Error Message _ Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jeanne C, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Jeanne C, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

Jeanne C macrumors newbie

I'm trying to e-mail ten (10) JPG photos to my sister. They range in size from 2.9 MB to 4.6 MB.

I'm using MS Entourage 2004 (Version 11.4.0) on a Duel Core Power Mac, Running OS 10.5.8.

After loading the photographs as "attachments" and attempting to send an "Error Window" opens on the screen. The window entitled: "Error Description" simply states: "Error __ 5.2.3 __ DATA Exceeds Maximum Permitted __ Explanation __ Mail Could Not Be Sent __ Error -17099

I can't find anything in "Settings & Preferences" to correct this problem, and would appreciate some guidance if anyone knows how to resolve it.

Jeanne C

2. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

I'm no computer expert, but if I tried to send 10 Jpegs of this kind, my email would quit too. These days I use an upload service (usually YouSendIt or Pando, both free) whenever I've sending full-res pix to people, and, touch wood, it's worked every time.

3. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

When emailing images, the total size of data to be sent is around 30% larger than the actual file size due to MIME encoding of the image data.
    I'll echo what Doylem says, I wouldn't recommend sending emails of this size, use another sharing service instead.

4. Jeanne C, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011

Jeanne C thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys ... I've been away since I posted this thread and I'm just getting back to this project. I see what you're saying ... That I can't just put any number or size of attachments into an e-mail and simply click "send."

I'll look into the sites you guys recommended and might post back to this thread if I encounter further difficulties ... or if I think additional comments might clarify these types of issues for other people in the future.

Again, I thank you for your help.

Jeanne C