MS exchange not working with wifi on os4.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mikejfrd, Jun 24, 2010.

1. mikejfrd macrumors regular

Just as the title says...

Since upgrading to os4, my MS exchange email will not connect while on wifi. It works fine on 3g, but as soon as I turn wifi on, it stops working.

Gmail and pop work fine on wifi.

Any ideas?

2. uncleslam macrumors newbie

I'm having basically the same problem. Exchange won't work on the local wifi at the office, but I can use wifi anywhere else (external from office) and exchange will work. Internet and all my apps work, but not exchange email.

If I enter the local IP address of the exchange server in the Host Name setting it works, but then of course since it's a local IP#, it stops working on other wifi spots.

Really bugging me, can't figure it out. It doesn't seem to be resolving the exchange server name properly. Already deleted and recreated the mail account on the iphone. I also have an ipod touch that works fine with exchange on wifi with the same settings.

3. tbertran macrumors newbie

I was with you until your last sentence... If your iPhone can't connect to the exchange server while on WiFi, I don't see why it would work on your iPod. :confused:
    Unless you forgot to mention that your iPod worked, but on a different Wifi.

I'm having the problem of my work exchange account working fine on 3G but not on Wifi (not at home, not at my local Starbucks). I'm starting to think it has to do with the server configuration that may allow some IP addresses to sync (AT$T's 3G) but not others (my home's, Startbucks')...