MS Mouse scroll very odd

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mreco99, Feb 4, 2014.

1. mreco99 macrumors newbie

Hi
    I am using a reasonably new Microsoft wireles mouse (with a tiny USB receiver)
    The mouse works fine except for mouse wheel scrolling.

Its very odd and very inconsistant. sometimes the scrolling is too slow and sometimes too fast. No adjustment to the Mac mouse general settings fix it.
    The mouse works fine on windows systems.

I dont really want to have to shell out £50 for a magic mouse but maybe this is what th mac does to microsoft mice to make you buy a magic mouse?

Anyone else had this experience?

thanks

(new to macs by the way)

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

LOL - Apple really don't need to design-in incompatibility with Microsoft mice. Its down to Microsoft not spending enough time on their mac drivers (that is their responsibility as an external hardware supplier in this instance) - you are using the latest driver for the mac OS you are using for the mouse?.

Magic mouse is part mouse, part trackpad - different (and much better IMHO) experience to any wheel mouse....

3. mreco99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, i didnt have any microsoft mouse driver installed.
    So i have now installed it, and its definately much better, but not as good as when on a PC.

Do you find with the magic mouse, you are accidently scrolling or clicking?

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

The magic mouse is one giant push-down button, you have to physically click it. You can't really do it by accident.

I've never found myself accidentally scrolling either, it's too much of a deliberate gesture for it to be done on accident as well (in my opinion). Inertial scrolling with it rocks.

5. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Accidentally? No

6. blooperz macrumors 6502

I have both the Magic mouse and a Logictech performance MX. My magic mouse has stayed in my backpack for over 3 months now without use, I would never choose it over the logitech..ever

7. mreco99 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks, i took the plunge and managed to get one off ebay thats un-used, for £36.