MS office 2011 selective uninstall

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by myotis, Oct 8, 2011.

1. myotis macrumors member

Not sure how much space I will save, but I have no intention of using Communicator, Messenger or Outlook, can I just drag them to the trash as I would with other Apple programs, or are they more heavily integrated with the Office suite.

Thanks,

Graham

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The integrated parts of Office are located in the Office folder. The major applications can be Trashed without harm to the other applications.

3. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Trashing something like Outlook.app won't save you all that much space. Doing a CMD + I on it tells me that it's only 83.6 MB in size, which is not what I would consider a lot.

4. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

In the past when some have tried this, it can raise havoc with all portions of MS Offfice. In other words, its better to leave it alone than trying to delete one portion. There is a reason it is “integrated.”

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Same reason with Adobe CS5 master collection Adobe and MS enourage you to buy a bigger SSD or hard drive.

6. myotis thread starter macrumors member

Thank you everyone, I will give it some thought. I hadn't yet looked at how much space each program took up, just trying to look at the obvious places to recover some space from.

Graham