Resolved MS Office Download Problem-Download Won't Stay Deleted

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tauntthemoon, Aug 13, 2012.

1. tauntthemoon, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012

tauntthemoon macrumors newbie

Hey there, pretty new to owning a Macbook Pro here. I have a small issue...

I recently tried to buy Microsoft Office for my Mac as a digital download copy. When I downloaded the file it saved as X18-08827.dmg and X18-08827.dmg.part

Now every time I tried to open the download to install it (the .dmg file) it says it has 0 bytes and it is not recognized. I try to open the .dmg.part file and it doesn't work either. So I just deleted both files. Now whenever I start Firefox and close my browser when I am done on the internet the damn .dmg.part file somehow comes back from my trash bin and sticks itself onto my desktop. I've deleted it and I have to force quit Firefox in order to properly empty the trash bin to get rid of the file.

What is going on? Why does it keep coming back? Was the file somehow corrupt and now is stuck on my hard drive?

Sorry if this question isn't well explained or in the wrong forum section. If i can't resolve it myself I guess I'll have to venture all the way to the Apple store and see if they can fix it.

Thanks!

2. Mumford macrumors regular

Next time you have Firefox open, press Command-J to bring up the downloads window. See if anything is in progress, even if it's at 0% or 100%. If there is anything there, cancel it.

3. stchman macrumors 6502a

Download and install LibreOffice, you'll find it to be more than adequate to replace MS Office.

4. tauntthemoon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I actually thought of doing that right after I posted this and it seemed to have done the trick. :D